Carpets are a perfect additional to a home. They’re soft, aesthetically pleasing, add insulation, and let’s face it they’re nice to walk on. Pacific Carpet Cleaning cleans carpets in Orange County and we know one luxury people enjoy is to walk on their carpet bare foot. If you are walking bare foot than you want to be walking on clean floors.
We advice homeowners have their carpets 1-2 times a year. If you have lots of kids and animals that are creating more foot traffic than normal then we’d recommend your carpets being cleaned more frequently.
Here Are Five Tips Everyone Should Know & Remember!
1) Clean stains as soon as they occur! Don’t let them sit and make a home in your carpet.
2) Keep Baking Soda on hand, as well as vinegar and peroxide. Some basic home products are actually useful stain removers.
3) Blot don’t Scrub !!! When you scrub on a stain you are actually putting that stain deeper into the carpet. You want the liquid to surface and the paper towel or rag to soak up the liquid.
4) Baking Soda will neutralize the odor. This is very important for those that have pets.
5) Don’t add lots of water to a stain. This will make the stain spread. If you honestly can’t get a stain out you need to call your local carpet cleaner.